Friday, June 24, 2011

More Wildlife

This week was busy with aerating and top dressing the greens and select areas on the fairways. I'll review how things went on the next post. This posting is short and is only meant to highlight some wild life sightings. This fox in the following picture has been cruising the course over the past couple days looking for "good eats".



Just after I took this picture he trotted directly next to my vehicle like I wasn't even there. I later saw him carrying what I hoped was a gopher in his mouth but, unfortunately, I think it was a chipmunk.

Not so unique but still awfully cute was this picture of a very new fawn that was born on Wednesday in the bush just off of 11 fairway.


They won't be such a nuisance if they stayed this small and lived in trees but I guess the squirrels pretty much have that market cornered.