Friday, April 13, 2012

Some shots to whet your appetite

We mowed a couple greens today so I thought I would post some pictures showing what things look like.  Typically, the impact of the pictures is lost once I see them on the computer so I encourage people to go for a walk around and take a look.

First Mowing #1 Green
First Mowing #9 Green
Both these green had tons of grass on them.  Both have some small weak areas that are slow to come but now that they have been mowed and the soil temperature continues to go up I can start in on getting them up to speed, so to speak.  Interestingly enough all the problem area are in the shade.....hmmmm....strange........

Don't get too excited, however, since there is still snow out there:

#14 Fairway

Next week we will continue to mow some of the warmer greens and probably begin to work towards a opening sometime after next weekend.