Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Brief Brief

Almost a whole month and no post!  Basically, that means not much to report.  I just did a look around and took a look at some of the surfaces and things appear pretty good for January.  We have close to 11" of sugar over 2 to 3 inches of corn over a definite 1 inch ice layer on those greens I did not snow blow in November.  The good news is the ice is very easily broken and is separated from the surface by a nice air layer and everything smells "green".  The greens that had the snow removed have no corn or ice layer and are pretty much sugar all the way down to the surface.  I didn't have a tool with me to check and see how frozen the surfaces were so I can't really comment on that.  As usual this only means we've gotten this far without any obvious "situations" but we have a long ways to go.