Saturday, October 20, 2012

October 20th Divot Party


I often kid with my mom about this being God's country (especially when compared to Edmonton!) but when you get days like this I sometimes think somebody upstairs is watching out for good ol' KGC.  The forecast for today was not very nice but for the all the people who came to fill divots the sun came out and it was a nice afternoon.  Once people were done it clouded over and little snow squalls blew through.  Timing couldn't have been better.  Just around 20 to 25 people generously took a few hours out of their day and filled divots on tees and fairways.  My staff never does fairway divots and since the middle of September I haven't had the usual divot master out doing his thing so it was great to get caught up on the tees plus the bonus of filling fairway divots in one afternoon.  I know we're not doing any earth shattering work but a nice turn out of volunteers like today always make me think people appreciate the golf course and are interested in keeping it in good condition at all times for all players.