Thursday, February 21, 2013

Early Spring Update

I've begun to plough some cart paths so I have a way to get around and in the process I've checked the surfaces of some of the greens.  So far things still appear pretty good.  In some cases the snow level is as low as 9" with no obvious ice.  Other greens with more snow (14") have changed.  The surface ice visible a few weeks ago has now become sort of less "ice like" (?) and those greens themselves are mostly thawed.  We've been below seasonal norms the past couple weeks so I am glad we're not in a situation where we would have to remove ice; it just doesn't work very well and usually creates more problems.  The river forecasting centre has the snow pack around 97% of normal for this time of year which hopefully translate into a long sustained run off. 

When I am not ploughing snow I am prepping/painting the accessories (flag stick, garbage cans, blah, blah, blah) getting them ready for this season. Also, as part of preparations for the up coming season I sent out a survey to certain people.  If you received it please compete it (it's only 10 questions) as I am seeking your input.  I'll discuss the result in a post after the AGM in February.